Monday, February 3, 2014

Go Broncos!

I have always been a sports fan but never really latched onto a NFL team. I guessed I mostly watched the Bengals since they were as close to being the "home team" as we could get in our non-pro state that we live in. So when I married Matt, a long time Denver Broncos fan, it was easy to just fall in line with him and become a Denver fan. I joke that they made it very difficult for me when they drafted Tebow one year and then brought in Peyton another. But I continued to cheer for them, especially when Peyton brought Jacob Tamme with him from Indy and we already had Woodyard and Trevathan on the team. How could you not love a team with 3 UK boys on it?

This year was a really fun year as Denver played a heck of a season. It got even more excited as they made their way through the playoffs and made it to the Super Bowl. Matt bought new Denver shirts for the kids and Alex walked around the house for weeks saying "Go Broncos!". 

From the first "botched" snap of the game, it was ugly. I felt terrible for Matt the whole time. I know it had to be so disappointing to see his team get beat and not really even show up for the game at all. He never really got down, saying there were more important things in life than a football game but I know it really sucked. That just makes me love him that much more. He shrugged it off and didn't bat an eye when Alex asked him to watch Paw Patrol with him instead of the last couple of minutes of the game and the post game show. That man never ceases to amaze me in the love he shows for me and our kids.

But despite the terrible outcome of the game we had a good time hanging out great friends over at the Padgett's house. Plus there were 2 other little boys Alex's age so he had a blast too. Here are a few pictures from the fun:

Chips, dinner of champions everywhere! That bag was almost as big as him!

Alex and Charlie guarding the steps, acting tough.

Silly boys!

More silliness!

Jackson had to join the fun on the steps.

Not sure how we pulled this off, even though it isn't in the right order, it is still cute - See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil. If only they would follow that themselves.

My Boys.

Daddy and his kids.

Love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment