Friday, February 7, 2014

Checking Off the To Do List...

We had a bit of a hiccup last week when we got a call from Ball Homes trying to schedule our closing for the 21st. I think Matt was afraid I would kill someone if it got moved so he asked them why it was changing from the 14th. We found out it was because the city of Versailles wouldn't give them the Certificate of Occupancy until the yard was graded. Of course with the full blown winter we have been having, that hasn't been possible. They told us if they could get a temporary CO or get the yard graded we could close on the 14th. I knew what the forecast looked like so I prepared myself for a week longer in the rental.

Much to my surprise, Ball Homes doesn't get stopped by snow, ice and below freezing temperatures. Even though the ground is covered in a few inches of snow, with a coating of ice on top, they still got out there yesterday and graded the yard. 

Matt was also able to get in the house and found their "to do" list. They are almost finished with the small things that needed to be fixed. So it appears we are still on track to close next Friday. I can now say, we have one week!

I have movers, painters, furniture delivery and a UHaul all scheduled. I am ready! We are packing daily and have turned in time to be off work. I can really start to get excited now. (As if I wasn't already).

The Ball Homes "to do" list. Can't be read but still cool to see this final step.

The only yard in Versailles not covered in snow probably!

Our front yard, graded and ready to go! Sod will be added in the spring.

The yard all graded!

No comments:

Post a Comment