Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Homemade baby food...

I may have lost my mind considering how busy we stay but I have decided to try making Alex's baby food after hearing how easy it is and how much healthier it is for him. So for Christmas I got the Baby Bullet and storage containers and was ready to give it a try. At Alex's 6 month check up we were given the green light to start him on baby food so it was time to try the bullet out. After only 15 minutes, 3 bananas and 1 sweet potato, I had 8 servings of sweet potatoes and 6 servings of bananas in the freezer ready for him to eat. We were told to give him 2 weeks on just rice cereal before we gave him other foods so I froze all the food until we needed it. It is good in the freezer for 6 weeks so we had plenty of time. After more than a week of trying the cereal, we gave up. He hates it. Wont eat it no matter how we give it to him. So last night we tried one of the sweet potatoes. It seems to be a hit. He didn't eat much of it, but seemed to like what he did eat. Last night I spent about 45 minutes in the kitchen and when I was done, I had 8 servings of squash, zucchini and apples in the freezer. So this food making things might work after all!
Bananas and sweet potatoes ready for the freezer!

"Hey! This isn't so bad!" First attempt at eating sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment